The 32nd IEEE International Symposium on Computer-Based Medical Systems (IEEE CBMS2019) will be held at Instituto Maimónides de Investigación Biomédica de Córdoba, Córdoba, Spain, from Wednesday 5th to Friday 7th of June 2019. Attracting a worldwide audience, CBMS is the premier conference for computer-based medical systems, and one of the main conferences within the fields of medical informatics and biomedical informatics. CBMS allows the exchange of ideas and technologies between academic and industrial scientists. The scientific program of IEEE CBMS 2019 will consist of regular and special track sessions with technical contributions reviewed and selected by an international programme committee, as well as, keynote talks and tutorials given by leading experts in their fields. The CBMS 2019 edition also aims to host high-quality papers about industry and real case applications as well as allow to researchers leading international projects to show to the scientific community the main aims, goals, and results of their projects.
We solicit submissions on previously unpublished research work. Example areas include but are not limited to:
- Active and Healthy Ageing Systems and Data Analytics
- Analytics and solutions in Public Health
- Big Data Analytics in Healthcare
- Biomedical Signal and Image Processing and Machine Vision
- Cognitive Computing in Healthcare
- Computer Supported Cooperative Work in Healthcare (CSCW)
- Computer Vision in Medicine or Healthcare
- Computer-based solutions in clinical decision support
- Computer-based solutions in clinical research
- Computer-based solutions in epidemiology
- Content Analysis of Biomedical Image Data
- Databases and blockchain in Medicine or Healthcare
- Data Analysis and Knowledge Discovery in Medicine or Healthcare
- Data mining and machine learning in clinical decision support
- Data mining and machine learning in clinical research
- Data mining and machine learning in epidemiology
- Decision Support and Recommendation Systems in Medicine or Healthcare
- Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) in Healthcare
- Knowledge Representation in Medicine or Healthcare
- Medical education using ICT
- Medical Robotics, Intelligent Medical Devices, and Smart Technologies
- Network and Telemedicine Systems
- Radiomics and Radiogenomics
- Serious Games for Healthcare
- Software Systems in Medicine
- Technology Enhanced Medical Education
- Technology in Clinical and Healthcare Services Research
- Web-Based Delivery of Medical Information
Prospective authors are expected to submit their contributions to the general track or one of the special tracks if relevant. Please see submission guidelines for further details.
- Paper submission deadline (Extended, final extension):
February 14, 2019 (23:59 GMT time)
- Notification of acceptance:
March 31, 2019
- Camera-ready due:
April 18, 2019 May 9, 2019 (23:59 GMT time)
- Early registration deadline:
April 18, 2019
- Late registration deadline:
May 9, 2019 (Last date for attendants with a paper)
- Last minute registration deadline: May 30, 2019 (Only for attendants with no paper)
- Early registration deadline:
- CBMS 2019: June 5 – 7, 2019
Each contribution must be prepared following the IEEE two-column format, and should not exceed the length of 6 (six) Letter-sized pages; the authors may use LaTeX or Microsoft Word templates when preparing their manuscripts.
The templates are available here: https://www.ieee.org/conferences/publishing/templates.html
Papers must be submitted electronically using the EasyChair conference management system at:
All submissions will be peer-reviewed between two or three reviewers of the Program Committee.
All accepted papers will be included in the conference proceedings and will be published by IEEE. Publication in proceedings is conditioned to the registration and presentation of the paper at the conference by one of their authors. If the paper is not presented at the conference it will not be included in the proceedings.
Poster submissions should have a length between 2 and 4 pages describing the research done. For poster submissions, prospective authors should select “CBMS 2019: General Poster Track” in EasyChair platform.
The IEEE Technical Committee on Computational Life Science (TC CLS), tccls.computer.org, offers best papers awards. More information about awards will be released as soon as possible.
If you have any inquiry, check the contact page for details!
CBMS 2019 selected papers will be published in Special Issues. Check Special issues (Call for papers -> Special issues) webpage for more information.